Established on May 25, 2018 by the European Commission, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a set of laws aimed at better protecting and regulating the use of personal data of company customers on European territory.
At COG, as part of the sale of our items, while protecting your data, we are forced to use some of your personal information in order to improve your experience as a customer, and guarantee you effective technical assistance. We also maintain your legal or regulatory obligations to resolve potential disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions.
Article 1 - Details of personal data collected
- Data collected automatically when browsing the cog-store.com site:
* IP adress
* Hardware and software details
* Links clicked and content viewed
- Data collected non-automatically:
- When creating the customer account, the user's last name, first name, email address, date of birth, as well as the password that they took the time to enter.
- When placing an order, if not already connected, the name, first name, postal address, telephone number, as well as data relating to the payment of the order by the customer.
As part of the payment of purchases and services offered on the cog-store.com site, the platform records financial data relating to the customer's bank account or credit card.
Article 2 - Use of personal data:
The personal data collected from users and customers aims to operate the services of the cog-store.com site, improve them and maintain a secure environment.
The uses are as follows:
- Access and navigation on the cog-store.com site by the customer.
- Management of the operation and optimization of the site by the COG team.
- Organization of the conditions of use of payment services.
- Verification, identification and authentication of data transmitted by the user.
- Implementation of customer service.
- Prevention, fraud detection and security incident management.
- Management of possible disputes with the customer.
- Sending commercial and advertising information, based on customer preferences.
How do we use your personal information?
Information relating to your identity (last name, first name) as well as your contact details (postal address, email and telephone) are necessary for us to send you your purchases, ensure your orders are updated and manage deliveries.
Your contact details are also necessary for us to detect potential fraud and protect you against it.
Your date of birth is useful to us in order to protect minors and detect fraud but also to protect you from it.
Information relating to your gender allows us to send you newsletters and emails tailored to you.
How do we use your payment information?
The security of your information is a priority for us, even more so because our items are exclusively available for sale online.
Banking data is processed and stored only by the BNP Paribas bank, and is never in the possession of COG.
How do we use information relating to your browsing?
This information is transmitted to us when users browse cog-store.com . They include the user's IP address, device type, way of browsing the site.
This information is used to improve the user and purchasing experience on our site, and aims to provide the best possible experience to users.
Can you tell me more about cookies?
A cookie is a text file stored by a website on your computer or mobile phone in order to collect data concerning your navigation on this site.
Users have the option of not providing this information by refusing cookies but this may result in it being impossible to place an order on the website.
In order to deactivate cookies, the user must modify their browser settings as indicated in the following procedure: https://www.comment-supprimer.com/les-cookies/
Article 3 - Duration of retention of your information
Personal information linked to a cog-store.com customer account will be automatically deleted after 3 years of account inactivity from the last connection date.
Article 4 - Sharing personal data with third parties
Sharing of personal data may take place in the following cases:
- When paying. In order to set up the services allowing the payment of the amount of the order, the cog-store.com site enters into contact with third-party banking and financial companies with which it is linked by contract - in this case BNP Paribas and the Mercanet banking data security service - and automatically transmits banking information to them.
- During the use by cog-store.com staff of service providers related to advertising, user assistance and payment services. Their access to user data is limited, and is governed by contractual obligation. Their uses must comply with the regulations in force regarding the protection of personal data.
- As part of legal and/or administrative procedures, COG staff may transmit data to comply with any requisition, or follow up on any complaint made against the site.
- As part of cog-store.com 's involvement in an acquisition, merger, transfer of assets or judicial recovery, the partial or total sharing of its assets, including users' personal data, may possibly take place . If applicable, the site will inform its customers before transferring their data to a third party.
COG will not sell any of your personal information to third parties, including your name, address, date of birth, gender, telephone number, email or credit card information.
We only share your data (identity and contact details) with the people responsible for preparing and delivering your order such as:
- Warehouses, order pickers, delivery companies and payment providers who may be mandated to process and route your purchases on the cog-store.com platform.
- The professionals responsible for operating our site.
Article 5 - Your rights
According to the regulations in force concerning personal data, users can assert their rights by making their request to the following address: email@example.com
Users have the possibility to exercise their right of access to the personal data held by COG concerning them. As part of such a request, COG reserves the right, for verification purposes, to request proof of the user's identity.
- The right to rectification: a user can himself modify and update the information and data held by COG concerning him via his personal space on the cog-store.com site. In the event that the user is unable to modify information that is inaccurate or does not suit him online, he is given the opportunity to send the request for rectification to the cog-store.com team by sending an email to contact@ cog-store.fr .
- The right to delete data: a customer may request the deletion of their personal data, in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
- The right to limit processing: a customer can ask cog-store.com to limit the processing of their personal data.
- The right to object to data processing: a customer can object to their data being processed.
- In the event of a difficulty encountered in exercising your rights, you can contact the Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL) in France.
If you have any questions or wish to provide comments about this information, do not hesitate to contact us at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Article 6 - Security and confidentiality
The COG team takes care to protect the confidentiality of its customers' data. Also, we have implemented technical and organizational measures to guarantee the security of personal data against possible unauthorized access, corruption, and erasure. However, COG through its online sales platform cog-store.com cannot guarantee the complete security of information transmitted or stored on the Internet due to the risks inherent to security on the web.
Article 7 - Modification of the above-mentioned clause
COG reserves the right to modify this clause relating to the protection of personal data at any time. However, if this were to happen, COG undertakes to inform its customers by e-mail 14 days before the effective date and by publishing the new version on cog-store.com . If the customer does not agree with the new personal data protection terms put into force, the latter will have the possibility of deleting his account.
Article 8 - Sending newsletters
We only send our newsletters to users who have authorized us to do so. They are sent only to keep you informed of our news and items for sale on the cog-store.com website.
You can stop receiving newsletters whenever you want.
To do this, simply click on “unsubscribe” at the bottom of the newsletter you received by email. We then update your profile to ensure that you no longer receive newsletters from COG.